Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Paleo Pumpkin Muffins

So warm and buttery!


So it has been quite a while since I've blogged. Somehow, these past few months have completely flown by. I'm having a hard time believing this weekend is the beginning of June! I've been experimenting A TON for the past few months -- trying new recipes, eating new vegetables (and figuring out how to make them taste good!), and continuing on my fitness journey, hitting the weights and doing pullups (I can do 4 in a row, now, success!!).

After completing Jamie Eason's LiveFit Trainer in January, I had a lot of muscle, but was suffering from a few digestive issues. After experimenting with cutting out grains and gluten from my diet for the past few months, I'm feeling 100%. I eat a ton of vegetables, meat, sweet potatoes, nuts and include coconut oil, butter, eggs and some dairy. I also throw some fruit in there every once in a while. It has been about three months since I made this change, and I can't see going back. The difference is incredible!

Here is one recipe we eat for breakfast on a regular basis. It's not very sweet, so sometimes I put a little Stevia on top if the mood hits me, then add a pat of grass-fed butter. These make a quick, easy snack that keep you full. All I had for breakfast this morning was one of these, and I was set until my mid-morning snack.


Paleo Pumpkin Muffins

1 (15 oz) can pumpkin
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup almond flour
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
6 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 tbs honey
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp baking powder

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Mix the coconut flour, almond flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and baking powder together. In a separate bowl, mix together the melted coconut oil, eggs, honey and vanilla until blended. Mix the wet and dry ingredients together, then fold in the pumpkin until completely combined. Scoop batter into a a 12 muffin tin and bake for 22 minutes or until a toothpick poked in the center comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment